Teeth whitening used to be accessible only to celebrities and wealthy individuals. However, with advanced developments in the field of cosmetic dentistry, more people have the chance for owning great looking pearly whites without spending a fortune. Here at the office of Justin Devack DMD PA in Tamarac, FL, we offer high-quality teeth whitening procedures, including Zoom teeth whitening & Opalescence teeth whitening
Zoom! is a widely popular brand for professional teeth whitening. Zoom teeth whitening has PH balanced hydrogen peroxide as its active ingredient. When Zoom is used for whitening, a special kind of light is used to activate the whitening gel. The activated gel is what removes stains or other kinds of discolorations.
Opalescence is another brand also used for professional teeth whitening. Opalescence whitening gel has a special formulation of is potassium nitrate and fluoride. The formulation lessens the sensitivity of the tooth, as well as strengthens tooth enamel. The active ingredient of Opalescence may be hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. These ingredients penetrate the tooth and break down the stains to whiten the tooth.
The use of either Zoom! or Opalescence has been proven to be effective for teeth whitening purposes. We recommend in-office whitening for a thorough and accurate procedure.
- For Zoom whitening, the first step is thorough cleaning. This ensures that trapped food particles and other dental debris will not get in the way of the whitening procedure.
- Next, your lips and gums are isolated from your teeth, using a cheek retractor.
- The Zoom whitening gel is applied to your teeth. Then, a special light is directed at your teeth to activate the gel and start the whitening process.
- A fluoride treatment lasting 5 minutes completes the procedure.
- For Opalescence whitening, we also recommend having your teeth cleaned first.
- Next, your gums and lips are also isolated from your teeth.
- The Opalescence whitening gel is applied to your teeth. You will be asked to wait for 15 minutes with the gel on your teeth.
- The gel application and the 15 minute waiting period will be repeated two more times, for a total of 3 applications and 45 minutes of wait time.
- Opalescence gel already has fluoride, so there is no need for additional fluoride treatment.
Do you want to have whiter teeth? Schedule an appointment by calling (954) 715-1522. Our office is located on 4600 W Commercial Blvd Suite 2 Tamarac, FL 33319.