Cleaning & Routine Checkups
Cleaning & Routine Checkups are two of the basic requirements of good oral care. At the practice of Justin Devack DMD, PA, we always emphasize the importance of cleaning and routine checkups to our patients, as a means of preventing dental problems, or finding solutions to them in the soonest possible time.
It is a commonly held belief that a routine checkup needs to be done every six months. Actually, it should depend on what your dentist recommends. At our office in Tamarac, FL, we make it a point to determine the dental health of each patient and use our findings to recommend how often our patient needs to see us for specific dental services.
Depending on our dental findings of the patient, routine checkups may range from every three months to every year or so. Establishing cleaning schedules happens much in the same way because good oral care is determined on a case-to-case basis.
- The dentist then will inquire about the condition of your health to see if there any issues that could affect your dental well-being.
- You will then be asked if you have had any dental concerns since your previous visit.
- The information given to your dentist will be considered to determine the best treatment or dental management plan for you.
- An examination of your mouth, gums, and teeth, will be performed to see if there are any existing dental issues that would get in the way of cleaning. Examples of these would be bleeding gums or several cavities. If there is no issue, the cleaning can proceed.
- Your dentist will advise you about possible threats to your dental health. And you will also be told how to properly care for your teeth, gums, and mouth.
- Next is the removal of plaque, or its hardened version, tartar will be removed. This is known as scaling.
- After scaling, you will need to rinse out your mouth before starting the flossing process.
- If needed, a sealant may be applied to prevent cavities further.
Cleaning is typically painless, and can be done during a routine checkup. For your initial routine checkup and cleaning at our office at 4600 W Commercial Blvd Suite 2 Tamarac, FL 33319, please contact (954) 715-1522 to book an appointment.